June 27, 2011

Cutting it Close

I'm cutting it rather close to the deadline tonight, I know. It's very nearly midnight (EDT), but I've added two more sheets.

The first is "Pirate's Gigue" from Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. This is actually one of the first pieces that I transcribed--over a year ago. I had been listening to it and suddenly thought, "Hey, I can figure out the notes to this pretty easily." So I sat down at the piano and played most of the melody and simple left-hand part came soon after. I didn't follow the exact chords of the original; I just played what came naturally, which is surprising because I don't ever really do that. The sheet music has been sitting on my hard drive gathering e-dust for months now because I wasn't quite satisfied with the ending. I finally opened it up again and changed the last couple measures a bit, though I will never be perfectly happy with the final result. In general the notes are not difficult, but the fast tempo adds difficulty near the end.

The other piece I uploaded is "Gathered Souls" or "Those Gathered" from Threads of Fate, known as Dewprism in Japan. It is a simple piece, though I wouldn't say it is easy as it appears. The second major section is exactly the same as the first, but transposed to another key (as in the original). I really like what I've heard of Junya Nakano's soundtracks, but they are mostly simple and repetitive. He also composed some of the music for Final Fantasy X, such as the themes of Luca and Guadosalam. If you are familiar with the Threads of Fate soundtrack, this unreleased piece from FFX should remind you of it immediately.

I must apologize for promising last Monday that I would post the video for "Dead Sea - Tower of Ruin" the next day. I got caught up in other things and forgot. I will post it very soon. I also noticed that the About page is still blank, so I will work on writing up a little bit about myself because I know that all of you (read: all 1 or 2 of you) are oh-so-curious about me.

Today is also a minor milestone for my website. I've now transcribed sheet music from 10 different video games/series now (and 1 anime). In the coming months, you can expect even more video games, some Hikaru Utada, and possibly some Imogen Heap.

No comments:

Post a Comment